Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Summer After Graduation

I finally graduated. I had a grad/birthday party. Lots of friends and family came, we had it @ the park. Got lots of money. Which I used for my trip to AL. to spend the summer w/my grandma Martin. Cheryl went too. But, first I wemt to NYC W/Renee she had to go to the Phillipean Embassy to get ppwk in order so she could fly there to be w/her husband Sterling. He was an MP in the Air Force. Boy that was a trip, we shopped on 5th Ave. Some guy was standing in a show case window I looked in and he made goo goo eyes @ me. Don't you know Renee wants to go in that store. The guy followed me all over the store. On our way back home we stopped @ a resturant and they gave us the red carpet treatment. I assumed it was because I was talking about my trip to Jamaica, Renee her trip to the Phillipeans, her friend who had gone somewhere eles. So they thought we were rich. The next day Cheryl and I left for AL. we landed in Montgomery. Went down to Opp. We only stayed a month and a half. But in that month and a half we met lots of new ppl. They had a community pool that we took our little sister Heather to almost every day. I met the lifeguard there, Mike Anderson. We started dating instantly. Down there it's like instant celebrity the minute you tell ppl you're from NY. I met Mike's ex-girlfriend Kim. She sure wanted to keep me close. When she found out that Mike kissed me right away I thought she was gonna die. She said it took him three weeks to kiss her. I said I think it was just because I was a girl from NY. Mike and I went to church together @ his church. He came by on one of his days off and told me Kim walked in on him in his bedroom. His mother and Kim were planning a going away party for him. He was joining the Air Force that fall. One of our dates he took me by the football stadium, it was more like a colusium. He told me about how it would echo when the crowd would cheer. He was quite the star of his team. I would call him my Mike my grandma would say he's not your Mike. So a few years later when my mom and I went back to visit. We saw his mom, and she told my mom she always liked meeting her sons girlfriends since she had all boys. And that I was one of her favorites it did my heart good. Anyways we had Mike's party he left. We went to six flags over GA. Then the day before we were getting ready to leave we were walking back from the pool a car load of guys pulls along side us and asked us our names. Cheryl didn't want to stop but I did. I said our names don't matter 'cause we're leaving tomorrow. They asked where we were from I told them, they asked if we were Clayne Bedsole's cousin's I said, yes, they told me they had been looking for us all summer. I said not hard enough it's not that big a town. We flew back to NY. I got back just in time for my friemd Debbie R's wedding. I received letters from Mike for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment